Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Obsession

Recently, I’ve had this crazy idea that the only way to get a job is to apply for jobs. As a result of this misconception, I’ve been spending all kinds of time crafting a résumé and cover letters. I know, it’s crazy. Anyway, I don’t see myself being able to come down off of this new obsession for the next little while.

And for some reason, I’m focusing on finance companies. I’ve applied to Goldman Sachs, with Deloitte Consulting on deck, J. P. Morgan (responsible for advising in 38% of all mergers and acquisitions done last year, which is a significant share of the market) in the hole. And a slew of others still in the dugout. (That’s for all you Cub fans out there.)

PS I don’t know how I know figures like J. P. Morgan’s market share of M&As off the top of my head.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

That is just ONE of the many random things you can come up with off the top of your head. I love how crazy you are!

Timani said...

I think what Natalie really meant was "I crazy how love you are."

Andrew said...

On behalf of Chicagoans everywhere, thank you.

A good trick to getting a job at these financial institutions is to tell them you've already worked at lots of other financial institutions. Just don't tell them it was my idea when you get found out.

Also, congrats once again.